Celebrity makeup artist Virginia Linzee credits her skill in makeup artistry to her previous experiences as a painter. In addition to her New York City celebrity clientele, Virginia has created the looks for top fashion shows, including Alexander Wang, Michael Kors, Oscar de la Renta and Anna Sui. She has also kept the faces of some of today’s top recording artists, including Cobra Starship and Drake, ready for the stage. Virginia enjoys working in Print/Editorial, Advertising, Runway, Television, and Film. Virginia has an exceptional ability to interpret individual personalities and ideas.
So, for this review I was sent several products from Mary Kay, in addition to tips from Virginia on how to get great looking summer time eyes!
~Transform everyday cat eyes with color-blocked patterns in bright citrus colors
- Brush Mary Kay Eye Primer only on the eyelid to help intensify the color payoff
- Follow with Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Lime on the inner half of the lid and brush out to the iris
- Apply Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Truffle in a blocked cat eye, beginning at the iris and fanning upward and out toward the outer part of the eyelid, making this section as thick as the entire lid
- Curl lashes and apply Mary Kay Lash Primer, beginning at the root and brushing to the tip of the lashes. Finish off with Mary Kay Lash Love Waterproof Mascara in I ♥ Black
For a Dazzling, Winged Style:
~Emphasize eyes with gorgeous shimmer and dramatic winged-liner
- Begin with Mary Kay Eye Primer and follow with Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Golden Vanilla across the entire lid
- To highlight the eyes, tap a bit of Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Gold Coast on the center of the lid above the iris and to the inner corner of the eye
- Wing the outer corner of the top and bottom lid with Mary Kay Eyeliner in Bronze, blending Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Truffle on top to slightly smudge and soften
- Apply Mary Kay Lash Primer to the top and bottom lashes, then add three coats of Mary Kay Lash Love Waterproof Mascara in I ♥ Black
~Complement these stand-out looks with bold brows by applying Mary Kay Brow Gel and combing upward to help provide fullness and keep them in place. Fill in any sparse areas with Mary Kay Lash & Brow Building Serum.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Both of these looks sound amazing...but I do not wear eye makeup very often so I just did what I usually do when I wear eye makeup. Maybe someday I will branch out and get daring! HA HA!
So, for this review I received:
Mary Kay Lash & Brow Building Serum ($38)
Mary Kay Mineral Eye Colors in Gold Coast, Golden Vanilla, Lime and Truffle ($6.50)
So, when using these products you always want to start with your base products. The first thing I did was apply the Mary Kay Eye Primer. Like the tips above suggest, this will help to intensify the color. This primer is white in color and you only need a small amount. It is basically odorless and glides on very smoothly and evenly.
Next, I applied the Brow Gel. This is something that I have never tried before but it is really nice and I liked it alot! It helps to keep unruly eyebrows neatly in place and helps to shape them as well.
Then, I applied the eyeliner. I really loved the Bronze color that I received because sometimes black is too dramatic for my eyes. My favorite colors are earth tones so this was perfect for me! Eyeliners from Mary Kay have the nicest pencil tips on them so putting on the liner neatly is very easy to control.
Last but not least I would like to tell you about the Mary Kay Lash & Brow Building Serum. This is a totally new product with Mary Kay and it designed to help refresh, renew and revitalize tired and droopy lashes and eyebrows. I have noticed that my one eye has very droopy eyelashes. I purchased an eyelash curler to help them perk up a bit but it doesn't do much for me. This serum contains amino acids and peptides to help the hair become healthy and strong once again. You apply this serum at night, making sure your skin is dry and clean. The serum gets applied to the base of the lash line and on sparse or bare areas in the eyebrow. Within 30 days, you should see a difference in how you look...lashes should be fuller and brows thicker.
Each of these products from Mary Kay can be found on their website, or you can find an independent beauty consultant and order directly from them.
So, in my opinion...these eye products from Mary Kay are great! I love how great I look and feel after using them. I am most excited about the Lash & Brow Building Serum and what it will do to my eyelashes. They need help!! I would definitely recommend these and all other Mary Kay products to anyone! Get the bold and beautiful looks you want this summer with Mary Kay!
a Rafflecopter giveaway