Arm & Hammer
The Many Uses for Arm & Hammer Baking Soda8:10 PM
Arm & Hammer Baking Soda for and how I am using it to prepare my home for the upcoming holidays.
detox bath. He likes to sit in a detox bath containing baking soda because it helps soften his itchy skin from his eczema. Here is the detox bath recipe that he loves...
1. Fill your bathtub with hot water, comfortable enough for you to sit in. Add in Epsom Salts ~
- For children under 60 lbs, add 1/2 cup to a standard bath.
- For children 60 lbs to 100 lbs, add 1 cup to a standard bath.
- For people 100 lbs and up, add 2 cups or more to a standard bath.
2. Add 1-2 cups of Baking Soda (known for it's antibacterial properties and cleansing abilities)
3. Add 1 Tbsp to 1/3 c. Grated Fresh Ginger. While this step is optional, ginger can increase your heat levels, helping to sweat out toxins. However, since it is heating to the body, it may cause your skin to turn slightly red for a few minutes, so be careful with the amount you add. Depending on the capacity of your tub, and your sensitivity, anywhere from 1 tablespoon to 1/3 cup can be added.
Most people sweat profusely with the addition of the ginger, and if you wrap your body in a blanket immediately after getting out of the tub, you can continue to detoxify through perspiration for another couple of hours. This is especially beneficial if you are trying to get rid the body of a bug of some sort of disease, like the flu, or a cold.
4. Swish all ingredients around in the tub, and soak from 20 - 40 minutes. When you get out, get out slowly because you may feel weak or drained.
5. Drink plenty of water to help your body flush out toxins.
6. You can rub down with a loofa afterwards to help exfoliate your skin if you wish.
This bath really helps my husband's skin and also helps him to relax before bed. He does get SUPER sweaty and sometimes feels ill while in the tub but that is just his body getting rid of toxins.
Another really popular use for baking soda is to put it in your refrigerator to keep it smelling fresh. Baking soda is really good at eliminating odors and I have always had a box of it in my fridge. It works well and I replace it about every two months. If you are planning on having holiday parties and your fridge will be opened frequently, you don't want any foul or strange odors coming from the fridge so stick a box of Baking Soda in your fridge to keep it fresh.
Another way I use Arm & Hammer Baking Soda is for cleaning purposes. I have used it for scouring pans, cleaning my sinks, making it work as a soft scrub, wiping out the microwave with some Baking Soda on a soft cloth, halting burning and smoking food drips on the bottom of my oven and so much more.
So, as you can see, these are just a few uses that I have found for Baking Soda. I am sure there are sooo many more and now I would love to ask my readers to share their baking soda use ideas in the comments section of this post. How do YOU use baking soda? Do you have a special trick or hint? If so, I would love to hear it! Prepare your home for the holiday season by stocking up on Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and make it a sparkly and bright holiday! Oh, and check out Arm & Hammer's Facebook Page to keep up with all the latest news and happenings there.